Friday, January 27, 2012

Bleach, Main Character


2nd File: Ichigo Kurosaki

This will be a long one....

Okay, Ichigo is 15, we think. His hair color is orange (very bright). Apparently, he is nicknamed "Strawberry," but in the subbed episodes we've watched that has never come up. All the fan sites and the Manga mention it, however. I think this may account for his grouchy expression.

Ichigo in a training session with Kisuke Urahara became half-hollow (a hollow is a type of non-human-looking demon. More on hollows later.)

He is cool, very reckless, and his spritual energy is super-strong. He defeated Kenpachi Zaraki in one-on-one combat. How cool is that? Kenpachi used to be the strongest soul reaper*

*on some fan sites this term is translated as "death god." On Wikipedia it's: Shinigami.

Ima note: One of my favorite things about Ichigo is that he is extra-loyal to his friends. What's fun about the stories for me is that Ichigo always gets defeated by someone cool, and then comes back three or four episodes later SUPER kick-butt. And, there seems to be no end to his ability to become MORE AWESOME. To the point where he stop sokyoku without even breaking a sweat. (Which Mason points out is kind of a feat, since the sokyoku is made of FIRE.) Anyway, I like him. I wish he were my friend because I know he'd LITERALLY go to hell and back for me (which it looks like he's going to have to in order to rescue his friends. Oh, and survive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment